Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday cycle

Sunday I took the subway to 155th street and cycled home. I stopped at this veggie garden in Haarlem and chatted to the gardeners (below). They were growing not only veggies, but grape vines on the fence, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and a peach tree.
Then I cycled in Riverside Park along the Hudson river - here looking north

where I spotted some hippos
Later I crossed through west village and spotted this teeny shop called 'Kaas'
And stopped at this pub called the Spotted Pig for a beer (which I pointed at and which turned out to be cider). Despite the friendly local exterior, the people inside seemed loud and pretentious.

Look - I have to say this blogging is fun but bloody time-consuming - resizing the pics and uploading them. I'm looking forward to next week sunday when it officially ends! In the mean time keep tracking it - there is something to be said about arm chair travel when it's raining non-stop in CT, not so?

No comments: